Why Do We Get Cancer?
There are several theories on causes, but one thing is certain. Our immune system is overwhelmed because of various factors. It then can no longer eliminate the ever-present cancer cells that everyone has.
Did you know that a tumor is merely a symptom of cancer? It’s just an overgrowth of cells. That’s why just having the tumor surgically removed doesn’t solve the problem.
But those tumors do have the ability to travel to other parts of our bodies where they can grow out of control there, also. At which point these tumors press against surrounding tissues or organs as well as leaving toxic waste products in our bodies. And this often causes interference with the function of bodily organs, causing death. For this reason, tumors, while really being a symptom, can’t be taken lightly.
Different Theories on What Actually Causes Cancer
To beat cancer, we have to find a way to reverse the conditions that allowed cancer to overtake us. Bollinger emphasizes that cancer is a systemic imbalance, or a problem with the entire system of the body. Because of this, it’s imperative that the treatment be for the entire body.
Here are some theories on what actually causes cancer:
- The External Toxin Theory—holds that unabated cancer cells are caused by external sources like chemicals that are present in our air, water, and food. Often these toxins aren’t noticeable right away, so they keep affecting us for a long time. A sobering fact is over four billion pounds of toxic chemicals are released by industry into our environment each year, with 72 million pounds of them recognized carcinogens.
- The Microbe Theory—this one holds that cancer is caused by shape-changing microbes, like fungus, yeast, bacteria, viruses and parasites. We know all these things are related to cancer, just not how much.
- The Immune System Theory—this one holds that cancer is a disease of the immune system, happening because our exposure to contaminants get too high or our immune system can’t handle what hits it. Functioning properly, our immune system, when normally healthy, takes care of anywhere from a few hundred to as many as 10,000 cancerous cells daily in our lifetime. That’s awesome!
- The Hypoxia Theory—this one deals with poor diet and lifestyle resulting in toxic buildup, which our bodies can’t handle. A long-term nutritional and environmental irritation along with a weakened immune system causes cellular oxygen starvation (hypoxia) which leads to cell growth. Our bodies need oxygen to survive, so it makes sense that a lack of it can cause damage to our whole system.
- The Internal Rebel Theory –Big Medicine likes this one. It holds that the overgrowth of cancer cells is sort of a genetic rebellion in the body, where our own cells rebel and attack the body which produced them. This explains why doctors make the effort to cut and/or burn the cancer out, or poison the cancer cells with toxic chemotherapy drugs, or use radiation throughout the body to get rid of the internal rebels. Such theory leads to the standard slash, poison, and burn.
Next post we’ll look at Ty Bollinger’s own theory, and why he holds to it.