Did you know that the coconut is the largest seed in the world?
It’s a known fact that sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds are uncommonly good for us, and this other big seed, the coconut, is also good for us—in a major way!
And that includes all parts of the coconut—the flesh, the oil and the water.
The benefits of coconut water
If you shake a coconut, you can hear a sloshing inside. It’s full of water in its center. And that coconut water is great for smoothies or just drinking by itself. It’s extremely hydrating, and contains almost every essential nutrient the body needs to maintain optimal health.
In fact, during WWII, coconut water was used in emergency transfusions, when blood supplies weren’t available. And it saved lives. It seems coconut water is almost identical to human blood plasma. That’s right, coconut water! And it’s the ONLY non-blood substance that can be used that way.
You can find prepackaged coconut water in most grocery stores. But it’s freshest, and best, right out of the coconut. Just poke a hole in one of the eyes, and pour it out.
Then enjoy a refreshing, healthy drink, or add it to your smoothie.
The benefits of coconut oil
Oh, let me count the ways……
Among other things, coconut oil is:
- Improves absorption of nutrients
Whereas most fats go right to the cells of the body, the fat in coconut oil goes to the liver. And that produces a cascade of benefits. Once the oil reaches the liver, it’s converted to energy. And that helps you to become energized and alert. Not only that, but it strengthens the immune system, promotes normal brain function, and keeps bones healthy and strong. And that’s just the BEGINNING of benefits!
Coconut oil can be used for…
- Protection from viruses and bacteria, and fights inflammation and fungus. That’s right; it can even tackle evil toe nail fungus!
- In that same vein, it can be used topically to help heal skin infections—even atopic dermatitis!
- According to Dr. Keith Scott-Mumby, coconut oil makes a great replacement for ordinary toothpaste! By brushing with coconut oil, and then swishing with it, you give yourself a healthier mouth. Raw coconut oil contains natural antibiotics that can heal problem areas and keep your teeth strong and healthy. It even inhibits the formation of plaque!
- Dr. Mary Newport brought her husband back from the mental decline of Alzheimer’s disease by giving him coconut oil. The brains of Alzheimer’s patients have a problem metabolizing glucose, which usually fuels the brain. Coconut oil produces ketones as a fuel for the brain, in place of glucose. Go to Dr. Newport’s website for more information.
- Helps fight the inflammation associated with Crohns disease.
- The anti-bacterial saturated fats in coconut oil help control the causes of indigestion such as parasites and fungi. It also alleviates irritable bowel syndrome, and helps with the absorption of vitamins, minerals and amino acids.
There are MANY other benefits of coconut oil. This just scratches the surface.
The coconut meat itself
Pieces of coconut make a great snack, while providing you with all the benefits of coconut oil, which is derived from the meat of the coconut. You can also get the same benefits sprinkling grated coconut flakes on your food or in drink. The flakes can be purchased in packages in the grocery store.
So find some coconut, coconut oil, coconut water, coconut flakes—or all of them–and get healthy!